Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Kimberlie !!!!

I prayed for this child, and God gave me what I asked for. 1 Sam 1:27 MSG


Today, Sept.13th, close to Petionville, Haiti (at the Main House at GLA) Kimberlie will wake up and start her day like any other day. She will hopefully get the chance to go play on the balcony with her other friends, eat lots of good food and get cared for my some amazing nannies who love her so much ! But today is a very SPECIAL day... today, Kimberlie turns 1 !!!!!!!  

What I would give to spend the day, her birthday, with her this year- to give her kisses and hugs all day long. I would tell her how much I love her and how much I want to bring her home!!!

As I fall in love with her more and more each day, I think about how we will celebrate her birthdays throughout her life. 

Will I wake her up early with a happy birthday song, like my friend Anne's mom did each birthday morning? (I copied that tradition with my BFF)

Will I make her a pancakes with sprinkles in the morning, like I do at my nieces and nephews birthday sleepovers? 
Will I make her a dinner she chose herself, featuring something like mac & cheese, jelly sandwiches and chocolate milk?   
Will she get to go with Nana for her birthday shopping trip to the MOA? 
 What will her cakes look like? 

I don't know what birthday (or other holiday) traditions Kimberlie and I will celebrate in our house, but I can't wait to to find out!!!! 

Kimberlie- 
I hope as you read this blog post when you are ready, you will see how much you were loved even at 1 years old!! Happy Birthday, my little sweetie pies!!!!  (pretend that is underlined a whole lot) 
I love you soooooooooooo much!!! Can't wait to celebrate more birthdays with you! 

                         Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment