Saturday, July 20, 2013

90,720 minutes STILL WAITING

 I have to admit, I really thought Kimberlie would be much closer to coming home by this point in the summer. I thought she'd be home at the end of July or the early part of August. Unfortunately, a summer homecoming for my sweetie pies is becoming pretty unrealistic given where I am in the process. =(

I have been in my current step (MOI) for 9 weeks or 90,720 minutes. That is a long time to wait in a step where families had been exiting in 2 - 5 weeks when I entered in May.  After I exit this step (which will hopefully be soon) we still have US Immigration. So, she will likely come home 4-6 weeks after I exit MOI. Kimberlie turns 2 on September 13th, I am praying she will be HOME this year to celebrate her birthday!

I couldn't tell you why I have to wait so long for my precious Kimberlie.  It's so hard to wait now. I see her sweet face everywhere. I can imagine her eating at the kitchen table, playing in the living room and sleeping in her room.  I think about what it will be like to drive her around in my car and take her to Target (I will admit I do practice sometime). It's very hard not have her and the adoption consume your thoughts (I guess I am failing miserably).

I have no choice but to cling to this verse:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who’ve been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NIV)

I do know I love God and he will work this for good. I  do believe God's knows the exact date when I will get to hug and kiss her again and the exact we will have our airport homecoming party! He wants her home too! He will work this waiting for GOOD!!! 
  




The worst definitely is the WAITING... but the best will be SOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!



Please pray with me that I exit MOI this coming week and that Kimberlie turns 2 years old in Eagan, MN !!! 

1 comment:

  1. so sorry your STUCK. I can hear your sadness in your words even though your trying to be positive. it's so frustrating to have hold ups for no reason. I'm praying you get word of exiting MOI this week.

    ReplyDelete