Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Birth" days

A very good friend of mine, Pamela K. is close to having her baby =), this has gotten birthdays on my mind the last few weeks. On Friday night at church, I began to think about the day my little girl will be born, I thought, maybe today she was be born, maybe today is her "birth"day? That would be beyond weird (and a very cool God story) if her birthday really ended being July 22nd... Birthdays bring names to my mind...

I also have been talking to friends and family about names for her... this is not a new thing, I have been picking out names with my sister for a long as I can remember. In fact, on a trip to Disney World in 1987, my sister and I spent our "line waiting time" picking out names for our further children =) So, it's like a family tradition.... skip to present day- My mom has named her, Baby Cakes", so that's what we go these days !

Last week, God gave me this verse:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine" Isaiah 43:1 Message

What an encouraging verse, I have to admit, I am afraid sometimes, afraid to get sooo close to this little Baby Cakes and then something happens in the adoption.... afraid that I am crazy to take on single motherhood and really afraid that I will mess up my adoptive child up real bad. God reassures me that I am HIS... and I am redeemed!! I can't control any of this craziness, but the Lord can!!!

As read this verse, I thought to myself, "God is saying this same thing to Baby Cakes ". She may be real afraid too. But, the amazing thing about God is HE already knows Baby Cakes (even if she's not born yet), He knows her Haitian name and her US name. and she is also HIS. God continues to amaze me !!!

Thanks for reading and until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment