Sunday, July 31, 2011

God's Littlest Angels Reunion

This coming weekend, Aug. 5-7, my mom and I are taking a trip... a trip to Grand Rapids, MI for the God's Littlest Angels (GLA) Reunion. This is chance for families to see old friends and make some new friends- I only hope I can make this a yearly event! We get to try Haitian food on Friday night and go to a Haitian church service on Sunday night.

I am very excited for a few reasons.....

1. I will hopefully make some connections with adoptive families who have adopted from GLA in Haiti.
2. Saturday morning there will be discussion groups around relevant adoption topics. I plan to attend the following:
  • What do you do with a Haitian Girl's Hair? This one I am really looking forward to attending
  • The Future of Adoptions in Haiti
  • How do you know when your child's "issues" are just normal "kid" stuff and when they are something more?
3. My mom is coming with me and I am excited that she so is excited =) It's real nice to feel so supported by your mom =)

I will hopefully have a lot of good stories and knowledge when I get back to MN next Sunday, I will share then.....


No comments:

Post a Comment