Wednesday, August 3, 2011

God Does Have a Sense of Humor


The international adoption journey is a lot like a roller coaster ride...... lots of ups and downs. I am just about to start collecting documents for my dossier- which will be an adventure in itself.

I remember riding the white roller coaster at Valleyfair when I was younger and laughing my head off. One thing I love about God is when he sprinkles humor into our lives just when we need it.....and this weekend God did something that made me laugh (not my head off laughing, but a smile nonetheless) =)

My mom and I where talking about the adoption and she mentioned (jokingly) that I should get twins. I quickly responded that I will most likely start with one.

Then on Monday morning while reading the prayer requests on the GLA blog, I read this-

"Pray for premature twin girls who were admitted to the NICU (at the GLA orphanage) this morning from the local mission hospital."
A big smile immediately came to my face... God does have a sense of humor... indeed!!!!
"This day is holy to our Lord... for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment