Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Support Systems


I will soon be a single mom- this was never the plan as I practiced being a mom when I when house as a child- but God has different plans for me!

I have been pondering this new adjective that will be added to a description of me- I am very excited
but have obviously been also thinking about all the unique challenges a single mom faces as I will need lots of support!!!

I am VERY fortunate to have an amazing support system of family and friends who promise (may have to get in writing) to help out when they can. Thank you, in advance!!!

Ok- time for blog participation.... what advice can you give a single mom of adoptive girl from Haiti? Please be explicit!!!

2 comments:

  1. While I'm not a mom at all, I have worked with lots of kids and my advice is even in the crazy mixed up times, find the joy in the moments. Say yes lots and if it's a no say it in a way that is compromising. You are going to be such a great mom!! I can't wait to meet your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of friends who are single moms of internationally adopted kids (be glad to connect you!) and someone one does that I think makes a big difference is that she schedules time each week for herself. Meaning a babysitter's with daughter and she's off at yoga or doing her own thing. Even though it feels now like you'll never want to be a part from your daughter, you'll be a better mom if you get regular breaks. Also-ask for and accept help!!! :)

    ReplyDelete