Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy to Be Back to School

I LOVE summer!!!  Most people do, especially teachers!!!!  Summer is free of work and full of relaxation!!  

For teachers, when the dreaded workshop week (the week before school starts) begins , you continuously answer the same questions,"How was your summer and what did you do? "When first asked the question a few weeks go, I answered," not too much., worked on adoption stuff." Then after thinking about it more- I realized I did accomplish quite a bit this summer.  Besides completing my home study, which included four 2-3 hour meetings with my social worker and gathered a pile of paperwork I also took 10 graduate credits and taught a 2 week K camp in August.  Was I a crazy person? (Don't answer that =) Usually after a summer all that craziness, I would not be ready to go back to school, but this fall is different. 

People talk about "having a feeling of God's peace". I can relate, this back to school season! Earlier in the summer I was stressing out a bit about my home study and other adoption details, but not any more (at least not today)! God continues to shine through me and my adoption journey. He has given me a peace about my paperwork, my time frames and my adoption finances =)

God gave me this verse tonight- I think it is my summer 2011 verse =)

 26 May the Lord show you his favor
      and give you his peace.’

Numbers 6:26 NLT 

Thanks again for reading !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment