Saturday, November 5, 2011

Baby Hats for Haiti

Part of preparing for adoptive motherhood is perusing the internet for information- any information that will help you make connections to the country your child will call their first home.   I don't know how many times I have googled, " Haiti adoption ". 

Last month I came across (and immediately added to my blogroll) the blog of the Livesay family. The parents are originally from MN.  Fun connection, I thought! 

They live in Port-au- Prince and serve the Haitian families through Heartline Ministries.  I noticed they may have a need for newborn baby hats (since they work with pregnant Haitian mothers). I have started knitting hats for the newborns of the moms.  I have finished five hats so far- hope to be able to send lots more !!


 









1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE! Do you knit them in adult sizes too? :) Shanny O.... you are going to be an awesome mom. I am SOOOOO proud of you! Love you bunches :)

    ReplyDelete