Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Canadian Adoption Completed in Haiti Post-Quake!

This weekend will be a very memorable for Sylvie and Victor, a couple from Canada that will go and pick up for their daughter and bring her home to Canada from GLA.  in Haiti. I met Sylvie online, she has been a great help to me as I move through the process.  You can read about their adventure and see pictures of their absolutely beautiful daugther by going to their blog: http://sylvic.blogspot.com/ 

They are the first Canadian Adoption Completed in Haiti Post-Quake!  The encouraging part of the story, (besides the obvious- a orphan gets to be part of a forever family), is their process from referral to child coming home only took 9 months!!!! This is VERY fast!!!  Typically, this has taken up to two years... see what I mean???  

Update for me.... no new news, still waiting for my home study... If you think of it, please pray that I get it this week. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete