Thursday, January 5, 2012

Paperwork Pregnancy/Delivery (AKA... Dossier Prep)

 I have been waiting 7 months to type this sentence on this blog... so here goes-

"I AM DONE WITH MY DOSSIER!!!" YEA!!!!! 
God is soooo good!!!! 

Here is a good explanation of what a dossier actually is from www.adoption.com:

"Although it sounds presumptuous, a dossier (pronounced “doss-e-A”) is really just a collection of papers containing very detailed information about you. The vast majority of countries open to international adoption require prospective adoptive parents to compile a dossier. Compiling a dossier involves gathering documents, having these documents notarized, and then adding various seals from your county, your state, and the U.S. government. "



All the copies- they are real heavy!

My mom helped me- it was nice to have two sets of eyes! 

There is all 7 copies!!!

Safety first!! Precious cargo!

Me at Kinkos/Fed Ex putting on the final touches 

8 lb of paperwork bound for MI first and then HAITI !!!!!





 I will write more later about what went into my dossier but I wanted to get a post done on the day I mailed it off (it also happens to be my Dad's 72nd birthday)! I am planning on printing all the posts of this blog and make it into a pre-baby book for Baby Cakes to read when she is ready!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on getting your Dossier completed and sent off. What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete