Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lucky Ducks- Newborn Moms are Lucky Ducks

Newborn Olivia - her parents are Lucky Ducks!
Awwww... babies. I do love them so.
 Love, really, is a understatement.  I am obsessed with them. I just can not give them enough kisses! Ask all my nieces and nephews.  This weekend I went to a baby shower for a friend who is having a boy in June. I also got to hold and snuggle Olivia Joy, who will be1 mo in a few days. It's kind of hard to be around babies.... I do have to admit, I got a bit jealous this weekend =/

Sometimes, I wonder why, and get a bit sad, to think that I will most likely miss the "baby stage" of Babycakes' life. I think of how Moms of newborns get to love on their babies from the very beginning.  Let me back up, in Haitian adoptions, most families get matched with an infant, but by the time the process is complete and the child comes home, they are closer to toddler age. I am praying that she will come home before she is 24 months. Don't get me wrong, I sure do believe that God is bigger than time lines but I am also trying to be realistic with the process too. She will come when she comes!

But look on the bright side..... 
I have a hunch parenting a toddler will also have it's own set of unique blessings- If I am lucky Babycakes will turn out like Emma  (my friend Jen's adorable 2 yr old)..  like Emma but a little more chocolate!

Two Year Old Emma- her parents are also Lucky Ducks!






Thanks again for reading.......

2 comments:

  1. so funny, when Zoey was in pre-school, she referred to many of her friends as "chocolate" because she didn't know any other words. Maybe she got it from you....You will be a great mom,and you may even get to sleep through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy- Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete