Saturday, April 7, 2012

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today, April 7, 2011, I attended a informational meeting on adoption at Bethany Christian Services, and thus, the journey of getting Baby Cakes began!!!  
Little did I know this last next year would be filled with more PAPERWORK than I ever have seen, praying, stalking people for PAPERWORK, praying, learning how to be a vanilla mom to a chocolate kid (the hair will definitely be my Everest) and meeting so many wonderful adoptive families that have been, or are, on a similar  journey (no two are the same) as me! It has been quite the year! Mostly good and little bad. 
My vocabulary has increased as well, words like: home study, dossier, referral and Gotcha Day are now regular words in my vocabulary.
But, the most important thing I was reminded of the year is that God is and will ALWAYS be good and faithful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment