Sunday, June 17, 2012

Will Baby Cakes be a ... ????

The last year of my life I have been thinking about this little Haitian girl that would soon be my daughter.... I have thought about names, adorable dresses, tea parties and dance classes.

But last week, God changed my mind....... and began to put thoughts of trucks, balls and Haitian hockey players into my head as well.

The big decision I made last week was to change my request at GLA from a GIRL to a GIRL or BOY!!!!!

My nephews are very excited of the possibility of having a boy cousin. So, now only God knows (and hopefully Dixie, the director of GLA) if I will have a boy Baby Cakes or a Girl Baby Cakes.

As I was talking to God about this decision, God gave me this verse....

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness" Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power rests on me ... For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Cor 12:9-10

Chocolate Girl or Chocolate Boy ???

2 comments:

  1. Boy's are wonderful!! God will make the decision regarding which is easiest for you to which will make your days the happiest. That's why he gave me Ben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue- You did such an AMAZING job with Ben !!! I may be calling you for some single mom boy raising advice... hope you are doing well!

      Shannon

      Delete