Monday, August 26, 2013

I600 Approval !!!!

AT 6:00 am this morning, I received this email !!!! 

Dear Ms. Haugh,
 
USCIS in Port au Prince, Haiti is pleased to inform you that the I-600 petition, which you filed at this office on December 12, 2012 on behalf of Kimberlie Pierre, seeking to qualify her as your immediate relative has been approved. Your case has been transferred to the Adoption Unit of the Consular Section for the visa process. This completes all action by USCIS on the referenced petition. The Consular Section will soon contact you to follow-up on your case.

Adoption Team
Department of Homeland Security
US Citizenship & Immigration Services
Embassy of the United States of America
Tabarre 41
Port-au-Prince, Haiti


In regular, un-crazy adoption language, the VISA process is almost COMPLETE! 
COMPLETE VISA = KIMBERLIE COMES HOME!!!



Next steps (only two left =) : In a day or two, I should receive another email informing me of Kimberlie's VISA interview date, I know, you are thinking, how does a very cute 23 mo old get interviewed?  Good question, she will appear at the interview and a representative from GLA will speak on her behalf.  I am praying it will be next week =) Then, a few days after that, GLA will go and pick up her VISA.  Once the VISA is in hand, GLA will give me possible travel dates....
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! you've come a long way and you two look very happy together. You are right there is no mountain God cannot move! I'm waiting on my approval...praying it is approved soon. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete