Thursday, January 24, 2013

And the Motherly Worrying Begins


Ever since I returned from my trip to Haiti in December, I have been worrying that Kimberlie was not walking yet- everyone at GLA continued to reassure me that she can do it, but needs to want to do it. (Maybe I need to prepare for a stubborn child instead of a non- mobile child).  I guess I was comparing her to my nephew Joshua who was running at 10 months =). Which I know I shouldn't do either.... YOWSA- I have a lot to learn before she comes home!

Anyway, the last few days I have been really trying to not worry about it and realize she will walk when it's her time to walk. I know, I know she only just turned 16 months, but she's my first!

God put this verse on my heart:
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 NLT


Today,  I got Kimberlie's January update... and it said this:

"Kimberlie is walking like a professional and even running now!!  Once she decided she wanted to step out on her own there has been no stopping her.  She even climbs the stairs to the balcony on her own while holding someone’s hand"


Now I know Kimberlie walking is not a miracle like Jesus walking on water, but it does confirm God's faithfulness. I need not worry about her and instead pray for her (easier said then done!)


No comments:

Post a Comment