Sunday, January 13, 2013

Movin' On !

Happy 16th Month Birthday to my Little Sweetie Pies, Kimberlie! 

I got some good news this week from my adoption coordinator.  I had asked her about the parent interview that is required to move out of Parquet (next step).
 

Jan. 11, 2013 
 Hi Shannon,
GLA is presently working on a time for Kimberlie's birth parent interview and are hoping the interview  will happen next week. I will keep you posted as I hear more.

Have a good weekend, Kristi

If they are trying to schedule the interview, that would mean I now am in the next step of the LONG process =)  Parquet.  I am now onto # 7 in the steps =) During this step, one thing that needs to happen is Kimberlie's birth mom will have to go into Port au Prince for an interview, I can not even believe how difficult this would be for her.  Praying the interview will happen next week. She will also have to go the US Embassy for an interview, that is scheduled for Feb. 26, 2013.  Pray with me that her mother can be located and the both interviews go well.

Parquet (District Attorney).  GLA prepares a letter for Parquet, as well as submits a couple extra documents in the dossier for submission to Parquet.  An additional two documents are completed and signed in Parquet that approve your adoption.  This stage is very unpredictable at this time; however, expect 1 to 6 months.
I am hoping and praying that I am out sometime in February.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Barb for reading my blog- I will definitely hang in there! She will be well worth the wait!!!!

      Delete