Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thankful for Perusing Friends =)

A friend of mine, Wendy, found this post about Kimberlie- it was written right after she came to GLA-

30 Oct 2011 (6 days after Kimberlie arrived at GLA) :
The former neonatal nurse from GLA wrote this post on her blog-


"Three children were admitted to the main house this week. 
The first to arrive was Kimberlie. (That's my girl!)  She is chubby, healthy baby girl. Although she weighs in at over 12 lb her mother insists that she is just 4 weeks old. We are not so sure. Kimberlie isn't holding her head up yet -babies usually do this at around 6 weeks of age - yet she moves her little arms and legs like a 3 month old. She is so big!  Kimberlie is a very demanding infant. Haitians dote on chubby children, and we suspect that this one has been held a lot. She is perfectly happy when she is eating or sleeping. Otherwise, she wants to be held and entertained. Ssh! Don't wake her! " 


Adoption brings about a plethora of feelings and emotions. Many adoptive parents and adoption experts talk about the grief that goes along with adoption. Birth parents grieve, adoptive children grieve and adoptive parents grieve.  I am grieving the loss of experiencing Kimberlie's infant stage. I met her at 15 months but thankfully have many pictures of her and when I get the chance to read posts like this- I feel blessed to get a little glimse into my beautiful, precious Kimberlie's first few months of life! Even a few sentences from the post help me better understand her- she hasn't changed much in 15 months, she still loves to be held and entertained! And I consider her being held by her birth mom for the first month of her life an added bonus =) =)

Every day I think about how I am missing all of her first 15 months of her life, but then each day is one day closer to having her with me forever! I want time to go fast, but then I don't her baby-hood to go fast..... See what goes on in the minds of waiting adoptive parents???  



Upon persuing myself this afternoon, I found the a blog post from Dixie's blog about Kimberlie coming to GLA as well:  

30 Nov 2011

Posted by Dixie:  

Nine admissions to GLA since I have been traveling!

"Melissa and Susie tell me that we have had 9 admissions to the nursery since I left.  I haven’t blogged about Haiti since I left!  I know that Susan Westwood has been very busy with sick babies in the NICU.  I am thankful that there is an Australian nurse there right now who has been a big help to her during my absence.

Five of the children are for adoption.  Their parents for one reason or another could not keep them and care for them.  


    Kimberlie - November 2011-2






Kimberlie – 13 September 2011




                                                                                     
Thanks again for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment