Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dear Kimberlie Abiageal,

11 Dec 2012 

 Dear Kimberlie- 

Today, Dec 11, 2012, was the first time we ever met- I will never, never forget that day. I bet the day you get married or have your first baby I will think about this day too. Ever since I found out who you were on Aug 9, 2012, I have thought about the first time I would met you.  It was good day- for the most part! I wanted to tell you about the day from my perspective (from what I was thinking and feeling). 

The night before Nana and I stayed in hotel and I did not get much sleep because I was so excited about meeting you. I remember landing in Haiti and thinking this is where my daughter lives =) After we landed we got our luggage and found the driver that would drive us to GLA.  The drive to GLA was very bumpy and Nana was covering her eyes for most of the time.  She was kind of scared that we would get hit by a car, but we were in a big van so I was not worried.  

I knew from other friends that I would be meeting you right when I got to GLA- as we drove up into the mountains I remember looking for the GLA sign on a gate and was hoping we would get there fast, I was getting really excited and a little nervous.  First, we stopped at the guest house where we will be staying to drop off of luggage and then we got in a truck to drive to the Main House where you live. 

I remember when we drove up to the GLA gate and I recognized the Main house from pictures. I then started getting butterflies in my stomach and  was taking deep breathes.... we walked in the gate and looked up and saw all the babies on the balcony. They were making lots of noise. We walked in and they said you were upstairs on the balcony.  When I heard this I got SUPER excited and still a little nervous.  I got the camera out because I wanted Nana to take a video of when we first met, I started running up the stairs but Nana was going slower, so really didn't get me going up the stairs.  That's ok- she tried her best =)

I hurried up the stairs and when I walked in the door onto the balcony I saw you sitting on the floor on a blue mat with your friend Lensley. At that moment I felt so peaceful- like you were my daughter my whole life.  I walked over and saw all the stuff around you from your special box.  All the gifts I had sent you so far, you were eating your 1st birthday card. Your hair looks so cute, it had barrets in it, you also had a striped dress on and pretty white sandals.  I thought to myself- " she is really mine!!!" I gave you a kiss on the forehead and sat down.  You looked so soft and sweet- it's really hard to write exactly what I was feeling, but I knew I already loved you and would love you FOREVER! I was your MAMA and you were my child!!!!!  I will always remember how soft your skin was too! 

Next, I wanted to give you a toy monkey so I got it out and I think you got kind of scared because you started crying and screaming! I didn't know what to do, I didn't want you to get even more scared, but Susie told me to pick you up.  I picked you up and you continued to scream, but then I rubbed your legs with the little blanket I gave you and you stopped.  Then I gave you many, many more kisses on your head!! As you sat on my lap it felt so right and natural, I knew then that God definitely knew what he was doing when he gave me you!!!!!  

I love you soooooooo much, Kimberlie, my little sweetie pies!!!!!  I can not wait to be with you everyday and give you kisses everyday!!!  

Love, Mama  

No comments:

Post a Comment