Sunday, December 2, 2012

November Update from GLA -Merry Christmas

As I have said before, each month (usually the last day of the month) I get a update from GLA updating me about Kimberlie.

Here is part of Kimberlie's November Update:

This month we took hand and foot prints of all the kids at the Main House.  I do my best to have this done about every three months so you have an extra treasure to take home with you when you come and pick up Kimberlie.   Each child reacts a differently to having their hands and feet painted and then pressed against the paper.  Most of them are intrigued by the different feel and will closely examine it while others will want to eat it.  Kimberlie was not pleased about having the paint spread in her hands at first but she was content to allow her feet to be painted and stamped. 
Developmentally Kimberlie is advancing well.  She is still not walking completely on her own but she is more steady when holding herself up on furniture and she is able to walk behind a push toy without any problem.  She is starting to take a few shaky steps on her own but she still prefers to get from place to place by crawling but we are confident that she will be walking on her own within the next month.  She just needs a little more confidence in the ability that she does have.  She still takes her time to observe what the other kids around her are doing before she will join in with whatever they are doing. 


I am praying that she will be start walking when my mom and I are there next week... We arrive at GLA on Tuesday, Dec. 11th and return home Friday, Dec. 14th.  I will write more about the trip later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment