Sunday, December 23, 2012

Trip to Meet Kimberlie

I have been procrastinating writing this blog post about my trip to meet Kimberlie. I am really not sure why, it was a great trip for so many reasons!!! 



This is right when we first met- just few minutes after I first set eyes on my beautiful daughter!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this picture. I will never forgot the moment (although it's hard to describe) all long as I live- when Kimberlie is walking down the isle on her wedding day- I will remember this moment!!!  God is sooooooooo good and picked the PERFECT daughter for ME!!!!



 
 

It's hard to put into words what I was feeling and thinking... I do remember, as tears filled my eyes, thinking how blessed I am to be HER mom!  I also felt a PEACE...a peace that can only come for God!  It just felt right with her!!!!  

 I kept telling my mom throughout the whole trip, "SHE IS REALLY MINE!" 


I think one reason I really didn't want to write this post and post pictures is by writing it means it really did happen.... and I have to admit I won't see Kimberlie again until I go to Haiti to bring her HOME!!!!!  GLA is saying expect 8-9 month wait from after your have traveled.  That brings it August-September.  

I am praying like crazy for 2 things: (please pray with me )
* Kimberlie comes home before her 2nd birthday (Sept. 13, 2013)  
* I don't have to start with kids next fall for becuase I will be on my ADOPTION LEAVE !!!!  
  



1 comment:

  1. So glad to see your pictures! Just found your blog. We are also adopting from Haiti. We just found out that we won't get to meet our boy on our first trip due to a change in procedures, which is sad but we understand. So glad you were able to meet your daughter!

    Also, where did you get your shirt? We would love to get shirts like that as well.

    ReplyDelete