Friday, December 7, 2012

THIS IS GETTING REAL!!!!

GLA Main House (where Kimberlie lives)
I will meet daughter, Kimberlie, in approximately 90 hours (as of 12-7-12 @ 5:30 pm)..... I can not believe I get to meet, hug and kiss her in 90 hours!!!  This is definitely getting real!!! 

While in Haiti, I will go to three different appointments that are required for the adoption process. There are two court visits and an US Embassy visit.

One thing that continues to amaze me through my adoption process is all the support I get from family, friends, co-workers and other adoptive parents. Saying I feel blessed doesn't even seem to cover how I feel about all the support! What a amazing privileged blessing to be RIGHT in the middle of God's PERFECT plan !!! The perfect plan to begin the Haugh family! God is good! Bondye Bon!

I would appreciate any prayers for my upcoming trip- here are some specific requests:

  • For safe travels for my Mom and I- that all our flights are on time and we make our connections
  • That my mom and I stay healthy (we are both feeling fine now)
  • That my appointments go smooth and fast- so I can spend the most time possible with Kimberlie
  • For sweet times with Kimberlie-that I focus on the time I have with her and not on when I have to leave
  • That Kimberlie will start walking when we are there-- that would be such a great memory!
  • For my Mom, the video-grapher and photographer, that she is able to get good footage of when I first met Kimberlie 
  • For when I have to say goodbye Kimberlie...... which will either be Thursday night or Friday morning. Please pray for that goodbye.... For those of you who really know me, you know this will be a major "push in my eyes" moment and there are no sombreros in Haiti =) .... I pray that I can feel a peace at that moment that only can come for GOD !

Quick rundown of trip:

  • We leave Monday Dec. 10th and get to Port au Prince Tuesday morning Dec. 11th
  • Wednesday is my Embassy Appt (7:30 am) and most likely one of the other court appointments
  • We leave Haiti Friday morning Dec. 14th

5 comments:

  1. I am thrilled beyond belief for you! And jealous that you get to see Haiti and GLA. Someday. :) Enjoy every minute, every touch, every smile, every sound, and hopefully every step. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Samantha, for reading and commenting on blog, it means a lot to know other people (besides my family) read it =) Check back for pictures in a few weeks =)

      Shannon

      Delete
  2. So so so excited for you! Prayers offered up! Treasure each moment.
    nancy-of the crazy 9

    ReplyDelete