Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Days

I remember Labor Day 2012 very well. I had received my referral of Kimberlie about a month earlier and had heard other adoptive families talk about these monthly updates from GLA with pictures along with highlights of their child's month, but had yet to receive one. Then when checking my email I noticed a message in my inbox from "gla-updates", opened it, and immediately started crying....I saw this sweet little sweetie pies smiling (which now I know does not happen to often in monthly update pictures) and looking beautiful in a hot pink dress and I think it really hit me at that point that she really is mine and is my daughter FOREVER!  Also, I had not seen a recent picture of her because my most recent referral picture was from June 2012.  I didn't really know Kimberlie yet at that point, but what a year it's been!

Skip ahead to Labor Day 2013, my perspective has changed a lot! I got Kimberlie's 13th update from GLA on Friday. I have met her and have learned a lot about her God created personality this year. Most likely (and Lord willing) Kimberlie will be home is about 2 weeks......I definitely see her differently that I did in August 2012. So many emotions are going through my head at any given time during the day. I am excited, JOYful, happy, anxious, worried, scared and always BLESSED!!! God is good and bringing her home will VERY GOOD ! 


A lot can change in a year.... 

August 2012                                     August 2013
Please pray with me that her visa application is submitted correctly and her interview on Thursday, Sept 5th goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment